Thursday, April 24, 2014

What to do, what to do...?

So, I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to let everyone know about all the cool and exciting things that are coming up just because I decided to publish a book! I could compose an email and send it out to everyone I know and hope that the people who really don't want to hear from me don't get mad. I have two Facebook pages to post events on, but minutes after I post almost anything it disappears into the ether. (Does that make it the ethernet?) I would have to keep at it, posting, reposting, checking my page, posting again. If there were only a place on the internet to which I could direct folks via email or Facebook that would stay put long enough for people to visit it at their leisure. 

Wait a minute. I have a blog! (and a website, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.) And, on my to do list is an insistent #2 entry to update my blog. That loud sound you hear is me smacking my forehead: Two birds, one post. Without further ado, my upcoming two weeks: 


It’s a CAPA weekend! Authors from the CT Authors andPublishers Association is involved in two events this weekend and yours truly will be at both of them!

April 26th - NewBritain Art Museum Family Day.  Visit CT authors in Stanley Works Center between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m..

April 27th - TheMark Twain House 3rd Annual Writers' Weekend!  Sunday morning will feature an expo and book signing of the members of the Connecticut Authors and Publishers Association.

May 1st - FirstThursdays are back! Woodbury Park & Rec is thrilled to bring Hi5netTV's First Thursday back to Woodbury on May 1st 2014 from Woodbury's Historic Town Hall.

May 2nd - Byrd’sBooks in Bethel. Join us at Flip-Flop Night on Friday May 2nd at 6:30p.m. at Byrd’s Books!

May 10th - House of Books in Kent, CT. A lovely afternoon book signing in even lovelier Kent, Conn.

Also, for now, Sandi KahnShelton has featured my book on her BooksNewHaven blog. I feel like I just won the Pulitzer.

And for anyone who has ever suffered the pangs of rejection, here is my latestblog post on She Writes, where my publisher She Writes Press lives.

Well, that should take care of you for awhile, yes? Please enjoy any or all of these events and posts. If you have to pick one, pick the one that supports a local, independent bookstore. I am learning a great deal about the brave and hearty souls who own and run these shops. Thank God for them, every day. 

And, as always, thank you for your support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment